Are you a real estate agent looking for a way to promote your real estate business?
If you are, you may want to consider using QR codes. QR codes are a type of barcode that can be scanned using a smartphone or tablet. When scanned, a QR code can provide your customers with information about your business, such as your website, your contact information, or a special offer. You can create QR codes for free using a QR code generator. When creating your QR code, you will need to decide what information you want to include. Once you have created your QR code, you can promote it by including it on your business cards, flyers, or any other marketing materials.
What is a QR code?
Are you a real estate agent and unaware of what a QR code is?
Whether you’ve heard of them or not, QR (quick response) codes are a form of matrix barcodes that can hold around 245 bytes of data. While they were invented in 1994 by Masahiro Hara of the Japanese automotive company Denso Wave. However, they didn’t become mainstream until around 2010, when they were used extensively in Japan for ticketing and navigation.
QR codes are a type of two-dimensional barcode, machine-readable codes consisting of an array of black and white squares, typically used for storing URLs or other information.
QR codes are becoming increasingly popular, and most smartphones now have built-in QR code scanning features in their native camera apps.
Static QR Codes – why should a real estate agent care?
What are Static QR codes?
Static QR codes are fixed, meaning that all the data is directly embedded into the QR code. Once generated and printed for real-world usage, it can’t be changed. However, they are fully customizable, and there is no scan limit.
Most real estate businesses have made it a priority to ensure a user’s experience is seamless and memorable. A static QR code is a great way to do this. Sure, there are a few drawbacks, namely, not being able to change the target location after adding a QR code to a piece of marketing material.
A static QR code may adequately suit your needs. However, a dynamic QR code may be just the thing you’re looking for to use on those “luxury” marketing pieces.
Dynamic QR Codes – why should a real estate agent care?
What are Dynam
Dynamic QR codes are super handy because they can redirect users to a destination URL, even if that URL changes after the QR code has been generated. That’s because the short URL embedded in the code remains the same, even if the destination URL changes. So if you need to update the URL for whatever reason, you can do so without having to update the QR code itself.
Imagine reprinting new business cards every time you make minor changes to your contact information, or reprinting all of your expensive marketing materials if you switch website providers.
Dynamic QR codes offer additional benefits to real estate marketing, namely:
- Advanced scan statistics
- Expiration limits,
- A/B Rotation,
- Password protection, and also
- Country, device & language re-targeting
How do QR codes work?
The QR code Scanner Decodes…
As we mentioned earlier Quick Response Codes, or QR Codes, are a popular type of two-dimensional barcode. They’re machine-readable codes usually consisting of an array of black and white squares. However, they can contain colors, as well as logos, and pictures.
The QR code scanner decodes the encoded message designed into the QR code. It moves along the QR code two data modules at a time in a right-to-left, up-then-down zig-zag pattern until every data module is covered.
Let’s take a look a the basics of how the QR code scanning process works.
- Aim the mobile device of choice at a QR code.
- The QR code scanner in your mobile device’s camera uses the three position markers in the code to figure out where the edges of the code are. With a sufficient quiet area, your scanner will be able to identify the edges of the QR code.
- The scanner usually starts at the bottom right, where it will find the mode indicator. These four data modules tell the scanner what kind of data (numeric, alphanumeric, byte, or kanji) is encoded in the rest of the QR code.
- The next thing the scanner sees is the character count indicator. This is made up of 8 data modules and it tells the scanner how long the encoded message is.
- Now that it knows what kind of data it is and how long the message is, the scanner carries on zig-zagging along the data modules until it picks up all the information that has been encoded. The very last data module the scanner comes to is called the end indicator.
- After reading the final character, the scanner proceeds to the error correction data modules. These modules contain information that can help repair damage to the QR code. There are four levels of error correction, which determine how much of the QR code’s data is backed up. This helps ensure that the code can still be read even if it is damaged.
What are the benefits of using QR codes for a real estate agent?
The benefits of using QR codes include being able to provide your customers with information about your business, promoting your business, and increasing brand awareness.
QR codes are a great way to promote your business.
QR codes are a great way to promote your real estate company. You can use them to promote your website, and your real estate team, or advertise the services that you provide. You can also use them to promote special landing pages for your featured listings. You can use QR codes to promote your business in a variety of ways.
QR codes are a great way to increase brand awareness.
QR codes are a great way to increase brand awareness. You can use them to promote your website on your business cards, your open house events, or your featured listings. You can also use them to promote your buyer and seller guides, or that “FSBO” guide that you’re especially proud of, your social media pages, or your email signature. You can use QR codes to increase your brand awareness in a variety of ways.
Top 10 ways to use a QR code in your real estate marketing
If you’re a real estate professional and you’re not using QR codes as part of your marketing strategy, you’re missing out! QR codes are a great way to streamline your marketing efforts and make things more convenient for your employees and clients.
Here are 10 ways to use QR codes in your real estate marketing
- Text – Simple and clear text embedded into a QR code.
- URL – Send someone to a link.
- Phone – Get calls from people by scanning the QR code.
- SMS – Get custom SMS messages from people by scanning the QR code.
- Email – Get custom Emails from people by scanning the QR code.
- Whatsapp – Get custom Whatsapp messages from people by scanning the QR code.
- Facetime – Get Facetime calls from people by scanning the QR code.
- Location – Embed location coordinates for people to get directions more easily.
- WiFi – Create WiFi QR codes and let people connect to your WiFi more easily.
- Event – Generate a custom life calendar event and embed it into a QR code.
Pro Tip – A QR Code’s usage is limited mostly by the real estate agent’s imagination.
Can we talk about your brand’s image?
Okay, let’s get into it, instead of passing out sticky notes with your company’s wifi login information every time you change the access information, you could update the destination URL of a Dynamic QR code that’s prominently posted in the employee lounge or the waiting area. Not only would this be more convenient for everyone involved, but it would also look a lot more professional than those sheets of paper with dirty, curled edges taped to the receptionist’s desk area!
Before the great health crisis of 2020
Before the great health crisis of 2020, QR codes had a bit of a fall from grace since their peak, leading many to consider them irrelevant or outdated – Now, you can see them on every store window and in every restaurant. We think that they have a great deal of value and can be used profitably by any real estate business.
QR codes are a great way to promote your business. You can use them to provide your customers with information about your business, such as your website, your contact information, or a special offer. You can create QR codes for free using a QR code generator. And if you want to convert more relationships into real estate clients, we have a solution for you – we offer a great service, Etch Encoder is the perfect place to create and manage all of your quick response code marketing materials.
During a June 2021 survey, it was found that 59 percent of responding shoppers from the United States believed that QR codes would be a permanent part of using their mobile phone in the future; 11 percent disagreed with that statement. Additionally, it was found that QR codes were most popular among 18 to 29 years-olds, according to Statista.
Don’t forget that when promoting your QR code, you can include it on your business cards, flyers, or inside your real estate office.
We hope this article has helped shed some light on the benefits of using QR codes to market your real estate business. We know that this technology can help real estate agents to improve their website’s conversion rate, drive more leads to their business, and help them to find new clients. If you’d like to learn more about how you can use text-to-speech technology in your real estate business, we encourage you to stay tuned to our website at www.TitusMediaSolutions.com. We have a lot of great content on our blog and we’re always excited to see what new topics we can discuss. If you have any questions or comments about how you can use text-to-speech technology to improve your real estate business, please don’t hesitate to contact us anytime. Thank you for reading!